Looking for a summer job? We have the perfect one for you!
Join our team and spend your summer at the pool, build your skills, and make a difference in your community!
Lifeguarding is a great summer job for High-School and college students. It is not only rewarding – it attracts the eyes of future employers and admissions officers. It shows responsibility, pride in your work and helps build skills like teamwork and multitasking.
Lifeguards are responsible to for the SAFETY of attending patrons and the MAINTENANCE of their assigned aquatic environment. They oversee the activity in their facility, enforce all policy, procedures, and rules, recognize, and respond effectively in emergency situations.
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Discounted lifeguard certification
- Flexible work hours – full-time and part-time positions
- Various locations in Northern Virginia- Fairfax, Prince William, Loudoun, Stafford, and Spotsylvania Counties.
- Opportunities for promotion – pool managers, assistant pool managers and area supervisors
Requirements for the Lifeguard position:
- Must hold valid certificate or be able to get certified in Lifeguarding/First Aid, CPR-AED, and Bloodborne Pathogens.
- For certification – must be able to meet the minimum swimming requirements of American Red Cross Lifeguarding or Shallow Water Lifeguarding certification class.
- Must be at least 15 years of age.
- Positive attitude, reliability, and readiness to solve challenges.
The Lifeguard responsibilities and skills include:
American Red Cross certification requirements:
- Swim 300 yards without stopping.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using the legs only.
- Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on your back to the starting point with both hands holding the object at or near the surface of the water. Exit the water with the object without using a ladder or steps.